Monday, January 26, 2009

1.26.2009 - Monday, Monday

Today is Monday. I work from home on Mondays. My family occasionally doesn't quite understand that - which leads to some stress. Today? My son understood that if he wanted to be picked up - it had to be after working hours. Yay! Progress!

I had some packages to mail here and there. (MP - stole is on its way!) I got them to the post office during my 'lunch' hour. One of the reasons I love to work from home one day a week. It is hard to get a mailing off in the limited Saturday hours and dragging boxes and bags to work to mail from the P.O. near my office is difficult, to say the least.

I have bills to pay that are due later this week. Can't really do that easily during my work hours. I'll be doing that as soon as I post this.

I want to knit, but I have to remind myself that I have other obligations before I head off and knit during the time I need to be working, or cooking, or paying my bills!

I love being able to work from home one day a week. Saves my sleep, money and gives me a few more hours to do things around the house because I don't have to gird myself for an average of three hours of travel time - to and fro. But I have had to develop a discipline, or I'd fall into the pattern of my family - Mom must be able to help me with this, this and this. After all, she's home from work today - rather than she is working from home today. There is a very real distinction!

I wish I could work from home more that one day a week... but I think that would be too much of an adjustment for my family and for me. Also, I do find it hard to call into a meeting. I'd much rather be there in person.

So... Monday is gone. Tomorrow, I will be up bright and early to catch a bus into the city and walk in the frigid morning air from the bus stop to my office. It is only about 6 blocks, but really I am not looking forward to it. Especially since we may get our first real wintry mix tomorrow.

My nice warm computer area beckons me to stay and work here.

I must resist!

Until next time.

No comments: