Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Had a wonderful time at my cousin's wedding. It was, however, a tiring time - driving 6 - 7 hours on Friday from home to the hotel to the airport to the hotel to my cousin's house back to the hotel. maybe it was 8 hours of driving?
Saturday was changeable weather - but a lovely event!
Sunday - check out, drive to the airport, drive to the other Aunt and Uncle, then 7 hours to home again... Tired.
This is the last week of the year at work. Tiring.
Baby shower tomorrow... have one more border row to go on the afghan I'm giving as a gift. Collapsing on the bed soon.
So, Wazzup with you?
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
A Cloud Hat
and a Hat to go with the mittens!
I am crocheting a baby blanket - but there is no picture yet.
I am also getting ready to take a trip to NY, Long Island to be more specific, for my cousin's wedding on Saturday.
I signed up for the Secret of the Stole . Another mystery lace knitting project. It is a Yahoo! Group. Hints begin in early October through November. If you are interested, sign ups close on October 4, 2007.
That's Wazzup with me. Wazzup with you?
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Warmest Mittens, the start
Originally uploaded by radarkaty.
I began this mitten last night. What you see is beginning of a pair of Warmest Mittens using Patons Classic Wool Merino in Burgundy and Wisdom Yarn Fair Isle (100% Wool) in a variegated, complementary colorway; US 3 (for the cuff) and US 4 (for the rest) DPNs; and handmade (by someone else) stitch markers. Pattern indicates, by using this yarn and these needles, I will end up with a woman's medium. Only time will tell if I get that size! :)
I've also worked a bit on my Irish Hiking Scarf and am nearing the halfway mark. It would be really cool to finish that this week. Since the MS3 thing won't be done by Sept 22. Perhaps I can finish the scarf and present it to my Aunt for her birthday instead of Christmas. Then, if it gets cold in NY before December 25th, she'll have a warm scarf top wear!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
On Wednesdays, regardless of outside influences, I intend to post Wazzup in my life!
Presenting my first Wazzup Wednesday!
This is Wazzup in my world:
1. Got my Ravelry invite a bit ago - My name there is Radarkaty. Look me up! Friend me! Invite me to your group! I'm a little shy. I've posted a little but have not fallen in ... that is not why I wasn't here. Just didn't have much to say - here or there!
2. Younger son started Senior year of High School.
3. Older son moved out with a friend. Had a job. Lost a job. Found another. Stops by periodically for stuff he didn't move out yet (and still has his hand out for the $$, and still doesn't want to earn it).
4. High School Reunion is in the works. There is a bit of a niggling worry that no one will show - only have about 8 definites and it happens on October 13th.
5. Mom has been recovering from her broken wrist which was surgically repaired. Up until two weeks ago - she wasn't driving. This meant I was driving her places - which is okay, except it sapped the energy and left little time for creative endeavors.
6. Making plans for 3 family weddings between now and April 20th. First one is September 22. Then the Reunion on Oct 13. Then the second Wedding on December 1. Then Christmas! Then 2008!!! This comes up so fast!
7. Still plugging away on MS3 stole - I'm about 1/4 way through Clue 4 - the longest clue - and there are 7 clues total. Wanted it for the 9/22 wedding - looks more likely for the one on Dec 1.
8. I have finished two wool hats for donation to add to the other 6 already completed; one pair of toddler mittens (would like to do more of these); and am about 1/2 way through an Irish Hiking Scarf (.pdf file) for my Aunt (this sounds like progress, except I did the first quarter of the scarf LAST Fall!).
9. No pictures - haven't gotten the camera out lately and the light isn't so good at night. Good weather is predicted through Sunday - hope to rectify this omission soon!
That's Wazzup in my world. Wazzup in yours?
Monday, September 03, 2007
I was supposed to mail these out last week. They'll hit the Post Office tomorrow. :)
I've also been cleaning out a basement and a backyard. And making slow-bee progress on my MS3 ~~ which I'd like to wear to that event at the opening of this post! I actually want to wear it to a wedding on September 22nd, but will settle of the Reunion on October 13th!