Tuesday, December 09, 2008

12.9.08 - Move along, nothing to see here. Well, maybe a little something.

Secret knitting happening. Nothing to report, except - I forgot to post after the odd post yesterday. Sorry about that. Sometimes I'm just odd.

What I would have said had I posted again yesterday:

I mentioned last week that I had decided to look out for Number One. I'm still working on that. To that end, I mailed out a bunch of stuff yesterday to clear my house and my mind. I am fervently ignoring the pull to do more and more and more. When I read of a need, I want to reach out and try to fulfill it. Sometimes, I just have to pray, because I really am only one person and I cannot fulfill every request I see that pulls at my heart strings.

Anyway, back to me and last week and number one. I joined Weight Watchers (again and again and so on and so on...) -- bound and determined to do well, to work on me. I knew I really couldn't get started until yesterday because I needed to assess the food situation and plan some things and had to go to the store to get the right mix of food, rather than the boxes of mix in the cupboard!

Weight Watchers has moved away from the "Core" and now is back to just points. I haven't yet decided if that truly disappoints me. I really wanted to NOT count anything, but I also knew I'd miss some things I like to eat if I followed the Core plan.

Anyway, the point of the point counting is... at my weight I have a boatload of points to eat each day. I have not reached the total any day that I have followed the program so far. It's only been two 'real' days, but I have fallen short both days. I'm not hungry, so eating just to eat points seems, well, pointless!

I shall have to ask about this on Thursday, because you are supposed to eat all your points every day. I just cannot reach the total without adding something that would totally take me way over the points. And I don't want to do that because that's how I got in this position in the first place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear of your good start. It's strange, though, at the start having to eat more to weigh less . . .