Sunday, December 28, 2008

12.28.08 - 300

My 300th post! Woo Hoo.

I spent most of yesterday

-- reorganizing my stash
-- repackaging yarn in ziplocs and Rubbermaid containers
-- putting like yarns with like yarns
-- identifying the projects to begin and the yarn I plan to use
-- As I ran across pattern pages, they were placed in the pattern binder I started.

in between bouts of yarn sorting

-- I uploaded over 50 CDs and put the CD and the jewel case inserts into a case I bought for that purpose, recycling the actual jewel case and freeing up a lot of space in my desk area

-- I did three loads of laundry
-- I did a brief bit of grocery shopping
-- and I started a sock (three inches into the cuff of #1!)

I also started a list of things that need doing around my house. I have a compiled a list jobs - big and small; from vacuuming to house painting - that will take me at least 1/2 of 2009 to complete. I hope I can do most of them myself, though there is a bit of electrical work that I'll need to hire out.

As I type my 300th post, I find that I have more than 300 things I want/need to do in 2009. These are not resolutions. I am no good at keeping resolutions. But, rather, a list created to help develop an organized plan for success. I really need to do most, if not all, of the tasks on my list if my current future plans (how's that for an oxymoron) are to come to fruition. I feel it only fair to note -- to you and to me -- the list would be much smaller if I had done things as I noticed them rather than waiting to be sick and tired of the undone things.

I hope I have the stamina!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Way to go with the yarn straightening! Good luck with the list of things too. I have a list about as long as my arm. Well, a mental list anyway. :)