Saturday, October 11, 2008

PRAD

Today was the first day of Patuxent River Appreciation Days (PRAD). Held each year at the Calvert Marine Museum, it is a fun family day. A fun friend day. A fun day.

I brought my camera. I left my memory card at home. No pictures. But, I've been there before ... so you can see some things the bottom picture here and here and here! ;)

At PRAD, the Boy Scouts help you park - and sell you popcorn! :)

The Knights of Columbus solicit donations, hand out Tootsie Rolls and tell you the lay of the land (boat rides every 1/2 hour!).

The 4-H and SMOCS (Southern Maryland Oyster Cultivation Society) help you understand how they are helping re-oyster the tributaries and how they are helping, with DNR (Department of Natural Resources - NOT do not resuscitate), to re-oyster the Chesapeake Watershed.

The Calvert County artisans were out in force. The boat builders were showing off their creations. The Marine Museum Volunteers were tickling our sweet tooth.

And we enjoyed the 1/2 hour boat ride onto the Patuxent and close to the Bay.

It was a good time. Beautiful weather. Lovely friends.

Adjourned to the homestead for movies, wine and cheese! Good times. Good times!

Sue had promised to send me pictures... If she does, I will post some! ; )

No comments: