Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SP12 week 7 and a meme

What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit?

No favorites. I knit at my desk and table if I need a complicated chart. I knit in my overstuffed chair with an ottoman if I am watching tv. I knit on the bus. I like knitting everywhere... no favorite place.

What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?

Air conditioning! oh, and a cold Diet Pepsi! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And now for something not so completely different...

Lifted from Margene:

1. Who was your first prom date? Prom? Michael Steele. It was my Senior Prom and my 18th Birthday. I had a free ticket and no boyfriend, so my friend Michael agreed to go with me. We arrived fashionably late because he had to sing in his school's Spring concert first! :)

2. Do you still talk to your first love?
No. Darry moved away when we were 7. Hard to keep touch in 1966.

3. What was your first alcoholic drink? My first ever? A juice glass of beer at the tender age of 2. Over the years, a bit of wine and/or after dinner liqueur such as anisette, at holidays. Approaching legal age, two bottles of beer at a cast party two weeks before I turned the then-legal drinking age of 18. But I preferred pink squirrels and white russians and I was not old enough to drink them until I was 21. Since I looked 21, I totally got a away with the girly drinks instead of beer.

4. What was your first job? Basket attendant at the local pool. Made enough that summer to buy a bike! :)

5. What was your first car? A hand-me-down 1968 Chevy Belair. About the time I needed a car, my parents bought a new one and gave me there old one.

6. Who was the first person to text you today? No texting yet. and I didn't pay attention to my e-mails, but Cathy wrote on my wall sometime between 11 PM and this morning and that was the first thing I read this morning.

7. Who is the first person you thought of this morning? Me, and how I didn't want to get out of bed at 5:30 AM

8. Who was your first grade teacher? Sister Julia Marie. I have a lovely memory of her happy smiling face. Then the next year, Sister Andrew Marie, who I remember as quite stern.

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Ireland via New York, from Dulles International Airport. It was 1976 and my Granny Sullivan had read Roots. She wanted her granddaughters to find their roots, so she sent me and my sister on a trip to Ireland!

10. Who was your first best friend and are you still friends? Alice and, no, we sadly lost touch after grade school, though we occasionally ran into each other at odd times over the years, we never totally renewed the friendship.

11. What was your first sport played? Umm... sports and I, together? Not so much. I did the least amount of participation I could to still get a B in HS gym. I made the bases for kickball in the third grade, but I did not participate. I didn't like the rope skipping at recess either.

12. Where was your first sleepover? The first memory of a sleep-over I had was at my Mary Ann's house for her Birthday. Or maybe it was Mindie's house with the Girl Scouts. I can't remember which was first.

13. Who was the first person you talked to this morning? My mother so the noise of me working upstairs didn't confuse her!

14. Whose wedding were you first in? My Aunt Margie's. I was 14 and we wore blue velvet dresses and it poured rain! We also had blue suedish shoes and I wanted to dance in my Blue Suede shoes when that Elvis song was played, but I had to go get in the group picture!

15. What was the first thing you did this morning? Pee (I copied margene here, but it's true!)

16. What was the first concert you went to? David Cassidy, followed closely by Alice Cooper and Pat Boone. Boy, was I a weird 13 yo!

17. What was your first tattoo or piercing? No tats. Have pierced ears, I think I was 16 or 17. When my father died in 1985, I got the pierced again for two holes in each ear.

18. What was the first foreign country you went to? Mexico, for about 2 hours. I was 11.

19. What was your first run in with the law? Of my own? A traffic stop for a blown headlight. I actually think he pulled me over because there were 6 teenagers in the car. I was the ride home from play practice. He just gave me a warning... but I didn't stop shaking for an hour!

20. When was your first detention? I haven't had it yet. I may have outgrown it by now. I received 1 demerit my senior year for making noise in a media center. You needed to receive 3 demerits for a detention.

21. What was the first state you lived in? Pennsylvania, for the first 9 months of my life.

22. Who was the first person to break your heart? Darry (see #2). He didn't want to see me for at least a month before he moved away ... :(

23. Who was your first roommate? Jaeanna and René

24. Where did you go in your first limo ride? Sadly, my Granny Sullivan's funeral.

No comments: