Wednesday, July 02, 2008

SP12 Week 4

I have a package ready to send to my downstream partner. I will get that in the mail in the next couple of days... I have lots of ideas for the future packages. Here's hoping I pull them off!

On to the Question(s) of the Week!


1) What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”?


I'm not sure if I know the answer to this one. I have tried many lovely yarns over the past couple of years, as I've discovered local yarn shops and indie dyers and suppliers. I suppose I'd like to try some Socks that Rock to see what the buzz is about. I saw it at Maryland Sheep and Wool, but wasn't "Wow"ed enough to stand in even the short line. The Buffalo Gold yarn must be something, given its price! Perhaps a hand spun BFL - I'm told that is marvelous.

But if I never try any of these? Well, I've tried so many others already!


2) What yarn do you never want to be without?


A basic worsted weight in a few colors - I love to knit hats and mittens and other small items. A selection of worsted weights in sufficient quantity to make hat and mitten sets or top down sweaters for toddlers or small children (one skein ~ 200 yard ~ for most things, but three to five for the sweaters) would be what I would want to have around at all times. (and I have a bunch right now! :))

1 comment:

Super Secret Knitting Pal said...

I too am a worsted weight wool girl. I love to knit vests....worsted weight works the best for me.