Wednesday, July 09, 2008

SP12 Week 5

Questions, questions, questions... they do make me think.

For Week 5, our SP12 hostesses want to know:

1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?
2) Where is one place you’d like to go?


My first reaction to these questions? I don't know and I don't know!

Thinking a little harder:

1) My favorite place to go on vacation is nowhere. I'd really rather just stay home. I like places I've been and some I'd like to see again, but I hate the getting ready and the remembering things and the anxiety and the stress of planning. When I have time off, I'd prefer just be to where I could reach for whatever I wanted and get it, rather than to remember where I left it 200 miles away, at home!

2) If I were to go somewhere - I'd like to go to Ireland and visit places I haven't seen and maybe meet a relative or two still living there. My sister and I went in 1976 when we were teenagers and took a tour of various places in the South of Ireland. We flew into Shannon and took a motor coach tour down and back up to Dublin and flew out of Dublin. I'd like to see the North and the Northwest of Ireland and meet some cousins on my mother's side that still live in Derry and Belfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ireland sounds like a wonderful place to visit and tour! Especially f there are relatives there :)

If I have the money, I like to go up and spend a week on the Maine coast. I don't have to go any place special - just being able to sit and watch the ocean is more than fine my be :)

If I had to revisit a place I've already been, it would be Iceland. It was unexpectely wonderful and I had the best fish I've ever eaten in my life in a little below-level restaurant in Reykjavik. I would love to go back with more than 24 hours to explore!