Monday, February 27, 2006

I, who also ran, did not finish in time...

A valiant effort was put forth... but a few more days were needed!

I had declared my goal to be 23 items (10 pairs of booties, three wound warmers).

I got involved with my family (teenage boy issues trump knitting/crocheting in my world).

I got side-tracked (with the baby blanket and, while the work may have equaled the 4 missing pairs of booties, it was not the plan. Sort of like Bode Miller didn't plan to get sidetracked by that basketball game!).

I fell short.



I have completed almost 6 pairs of booties (the 12th bootie is left on the loom, 1/2 done) and the 3 wound warmers.

I did learn a few new things - I learned to loom! I learned to turn a heel on a loom. I learned three different cast on/starting stitches. I learned the 1k/1p rib stitch. So, all was not lost!




I do have to finish the other 4 pairs of booties in the next day or so. I am making the booties to go with the 10 hats another member of the Hugs and Stitches Yahoo! Group is making. The current donation site is requesting Hat and Bootie sets, so we pooled our resources and she's making the 10 hats and I'm making the ten pair of booties to go with them. I will try to finish them this evening and be in the running for the prize for making the 2/28 mailing deadline, but as long as they are mailed this week, we are good to go! (I just can't win a new set of Kniffty Knitters if I mail after 2/28!) :)

As I said ~ A valiant attempt. I shall strive to win the next go round. Not sure the summer olympics will be the next go 'round. I tend to really slow down on yarn work in the summer...

We shall see...

Carry on...

1 comment:

Dorothy Neville said...

Way to go girl! That's a lot of knitting you did. And I support you with the chat with a friend in the ski lodge instead of knitting furiously. It's too hard these days to find/make the time to have conversations with people, when the occasion arises, carpe diem.