Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2.17.09 - knitting report


Socks for Soldier sock number 1. I completed the first 8" and moved this sock to the smaller needles for the next 4 inches, following the pattern provided at the Yahoo Group. I have started sock number 2 and will try my hand at two socks on two circs when Sock #2 reaches eight inches. The yarn is Regia Stretch in a specially-dyed for Socks for Soldiers, Inc. colorway of Olive Drab.


Socks for Soldiers members knit beanies for our deployed troops -- in regulation colors, to be worn while in uniform, as well as 'leisure' colors, for other times. Cascade Fixation is one of the approved yarns for this endeavor. I happened to have six balls of Cascade Fixation, three black (can make regulation beanies with these) and three of this variegated blue colorway. This is the first of the leisure hats I will make with the blue.

I've finished a couple of other things and continue to work on still more things. My knitting ADD is in full force!! Pictures of the finished items will have to wait until the gift recipients receive them. Pictures of the Works in Progress will have to wait until I feel like taking pictures! :)

Until next time.

No comments: