Monday, January 21, 2008

Glacial Gauntlets of the (Black) Wolf

Robbyn of The Yarnpath designed these lovely fingerless mitts - Glacial Gauntlets of the Wolf. When naming her pattern, she settled on Glacial Gauntlets based on her yarn and bead colors. When she offered her pattern, she suggested that any color combination would be good, regardless of the name of the pattern and put forth some ideas. I thought her black with red beads alternative would be make fabulous pair of Gauntlets for my niece. I went off to buy black yarn and red beads.

Here you have my Glacial Gauntlets of the Wolf in Black with Red Beads. Well, you have ONE of them anyway. Second to be started tonight! I might have to make another pair for my niece.

The pictures could be better. Black and red is difficult to capture. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm trying to take a picture of my own arm! When I'm finished number two, I'll get some picture taking help or, perhaps, modeling help!


Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss (70% merino wool, 30% silk; 220 yds/50 grams) in Black (I bought two skeins. However, I believe I will have enough in the first skein to make the pair.)

Beads: Jewelry & Craft Essentials, Glass 'E' 6/0 in Red/gold lined

Needles: Size US2 dpns; size 12 crochet hook (for bead placement)


gauntlet 2


bead end with flash



gauntlet alone


Gauntlet again



Click on any to be taken to my Flickr photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot damn! I knew those were going to be spectacular! Awesome Kathleen, absolutely freakin' awesome! Boy, if those couldn't put a little steam in your stride, nothing could!