Friday, February 23, 2007

Project FOrty days for others

My previous post shows a finished object. That was a 'for me' finished object. In this post, most of the finished objects are for others... hence the title of this post.

I had many projects going at once. It was making me quite anxious really. I never knew what to work on - there were so many choices. In an effort to relieve my anxiety and to clear off the needles and develop a plan, I decide to Just.Do.It. and start finishing all the partial projects and begin my forty days for others by finishing objects already started!

Besides those projects chronicled here, I have a second sock to make for a baby hat and sock set. Then I can start on all new objects for others! :)

In the spirit of Just.Do.It. I mailed off squares to Gracious Parcels and Rebekah's Blanket of Hope. The squares have been done for some time. They just needed blocking - which I accomplished on Wednesday evening. Two packages away in the mail today!

Tomorrow, I will mail the Chemo Cap I made in response to Kate's call to action. I had wanted to make more... but alas this is the best I could do.

Bernat Boa, one full skein and a bit of a second; US10.5 circ; this was a the large size with a cast on of 72 stitches.


I have completed a black, knitted helmet liner. It's a little late to be sending it to warm the troops this year. Weather will begin to warm before it arrives, so it may stay in my "donate later" box... but it's done and ready to go when I read the call for more.



KnitPicks Swish Superwash, black, almost two 50 gram skeins; Size US6 and 8 Addi Turbo circs and size US8 DPNs for the decreases; Knitted Helpmet Liner Pattern


I missed the deadline for the knit-along, but I finally finished Larissa's Socks 101 -- well, almost finished. They still need a bit of felting. Pattern will be available upon publication of the book!

Manos del Uruguay, Plum (41); US10.5 DPNs; I made the largest size (everyone in my house has BIG feet) and the pattern took 4.3 oz of yarn (I purchased two 3.5 oz skeins and have 2.7 oz left over).

No comments: