I’ve been experimenting with all kinds of yarns… and really haven’t found any objectionable, even my Red Heart is okay! ;) (I know, I know... purists are appalled. But, I have a TON of acrylic that I have been using forever for my crochet projects and I haven’t parted with it all yet and probably won’t. I still like to crochet with the acrylics, especially for blankets and throws and things I want to be able to throw in the wash!)
Basically, I am very open in this category!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I picked knitting back up again during the Knitting Olympics and did what I do with most things, jumped in completely -- no toe-testing the water for me! -- and have been acquiring all the ‘stuff’ that knitters acquire and knitting whatever turns my head.
I would say I am an Advanced Beginner leading toward intermediate, who isn't afraid to try anything, despite what you might occasionally read on my Blog! (as soon as I say I don't want to test myself, I go out and get the materials to force this issue! Sweater yarn is on order now for my first 'set-in' sleeve, buttonband, and more!)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin and, while that has been looking pretty cool as I surf the Blog World, I know that I cannot afford another obsession right now. So, I’ll just let the spinner’s spin. I’ll let the dyers dye. I’ll just buy what they make! ;)
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Computer can play MP3s and I think my car can.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I was gifted with some donated wool, much of which came in hanks and I have been buying little bits from on-line vendors. So I indulged myself, rather than carting the wool to my LYS, where the owner said I could bring in that yarn and wind it. I am guess I'm still feeding my obsession. Now, I really should get down to work and use all the things I bought!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not sure how to measure my foot for this question – but I wear a size 11 W US woman’s size shoe. I took a picture (see it at the end of the questions) and have marked where I measured my length =
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
(note: questionnaire edited several times as I noticed errors in both information and typing, and as I remembered other things I wanted to say! last update: 10/3/2006; 1:13 PM Eastern)