Saturday, August 01, 2009

August

August is upon us. This summer is flying by. I am so glad to see July behind me. Wacky weather. Wackier health scares in the family, with a long uphill road ahead.

While the road will be uphill, it seems to be a better one than I would have supposed three weeks ago. Mom is regaining her strength a little at a time -- small steps leading to bigger steps.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am mailing my first Secret Pal package today. I've been able to gather the goodies over the last few weeks, but haven't had the chance to package it up and get to the Post Office. Finally, I took the time to get the box packed, sealed and addressed Friday evening. I will take it and a few other things to the Post Office before it closes today.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Sunday, Mom's friend came to visit, so I was able to get out for a bit. My friends came down and took me to lunch in North Beach. After a lovely crab cake lunch at Thursday's Bar & Grill, we took a little stroll on the Boardwalk and watched the Bay and the sunbathers.

There had been a storm the day before and one expected that night. The water was a bit choppy and the tide was coming in. The breeze was blowing and the hot day seemed even bit cool. It was delightful.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much knitting has been done at my house. I plan to rectify that this weekend. I'm organizing my stash a bit, searching for some yarn I know I have. I want to make the Feather Duster Shawl (Ravelry.com link) by Susan Pierce Lawrence of Knitting as Fast as I Can. There is an August Knit Along starting in her fan group on Ravelry. Join us if you'd like!

In addition to starting this new project, I have two objects to block. One, a shawl I made for my mother. It's been too warm to wear it, so I haven't taken the time to finish it. I will this weekend.



The other ready-to-block item is my Forest Canopy Shawl (another Susan Pierce Lawrence pattern) which I completed some time ago and haven't blocked either. Here's the blobby picture:



This is made with yarn I dyed at the dye class I attended a couple of January's ago. It was a DK weight yarn and was dyed using acid dyes. A lovely mix of yellow, green and blue, if I do say so myself!

Blocking and/or blocked shawl photos to follow!

Hope you have a lovely cool August Saturday!

Until next time.

No comments: