Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Secret Pal 12 - slowly coming to a close

Close to the final package! My secret pal has be super spoiling me. This is a "learn to spin" box - with some roving and a spindle and a book on what to do and a great little tote bag. AND delicious Jelly Belly jelly beans!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last package to my downstream partner will be mailed this week. I've had a great time putting things together. I hope she's enjoyed receiving them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last set of questions from the hosts:

If you were told you could never again buy yarn, would would your last yarn purchase be? The entire contents of any fully stocked Yarn Shop - if I could afford it! ;)


If you were told you could never knit again, what would be the last thing you’d knit??
A cardigan just for me!


In a given year, how many times do you buy yarn? And what is your favorite place to buy yarn from? A festival? A shop? Online? Dish your favorite places!!
Wherever I am when I see it, want it, have money for it. I don't think I could quantify 'how many times.' I can go two months without buying anything and the next month buy something every week.

The majority of my acrylic yarn is purchased at either Michael's or WalMart (Red Heart, Caron - used in many, many things, mostly for donation).

The majority of my wool and other natural fiber content yarn is purchased at The Yarn Garden in Annapolis, MD, though I have purchased from other MD shops, too.

I have random skeins of sock yarn and lace weight and some worsted purchased here or there on the internet. I tend to skip around and don't buy from one on-line source. If I take a fancy to something today, I buy it. Then I hear next month about another place, and I visit that one.

The only festival I have attended was this year's Maryland Sheep and Wool. I'll be at Stitches East in November and will browse the market place. I don't need anything, but I want to try everything! :)


Lastly, with Fall in full swing in many areas, what is the one thing you look forward to most? Fiber related? Cool temperatures that allow for me to finish up some afghans and other larger projects that get put on hold in the warmer months!

No comments: