Saturday, November 03, 2007

RIP E.D.T.

Tonight, we lay to rest Daylight Savings time for another year.

I could use the extra hour as I recover from my flu. The only remaining symptom is tiredness. I give into the tiredness sometimes and I fight it others. Fighting is futile, I know, but I keep trying to do things and my body keeps telling me to rest.

Today has actually been the best day so far. I've gotten a few things accomplished - trash has been gathered, dinner has been cooked, dishes have been cleaned, 1/2 of the clean laundry has found its home in the appropriate drawers and cabinets and I've been knitting. Oh, and surfing the 'net, too! :)

Here's the most recent start - a top down plain crew neck sweater for a child, size 4:



I didn't have the right size DPNs (US7), nor the right length of cable on any of my US7 circulars (24") - so I am doing my first sweater, albeit a small one, on two circs! First sweater - new technique - I'm bustin' right out of my comfort zone!



I'm a little further along than this now and probably will be to the arm splits before I put it down tonight. This little guy is destined for the Cheyenne River Sioux of South Dakota. I joined a Yahoo! Group called Macuwita sni - which means "I am not cold" in Lakota. The group is newly formed but dedicated to sending warm sweaters for the thousands of children living at Cheyenne River in South Dakota. Check it out, if you'd like to help, too.

Back to the Stole (the "for me" knitting) tomorrow evening. That seems to be my evening TV watching knit and there is nothing good on TV tonight. Besides, I'm going to Chatters! Stop by and join the conversation between 8 PM and 11 PM (before we turn back time!)

No comments: