Julia McC at WoolGathering sent a meme my way...
I hope they don't have to be interesting because I'm having a hard time coming up with anything!
1. I became an Avon Lady when I was pregnant with my younger son (despite the fact that I rarely, if ever, wear make-up and my facial cleansing routine is warm water each day. The lady at the Clinique counter couldn't believe how 'great' my skin was without product! :)) I was trying to earn a little cash to go back to college and get my degree. That was almost 17 years ago and I haven't gotten my degree and I'm still an Avon lady! :) I do try to give it up now and again, but my regular customers always seem to stock up at about the same time I try to back out!
2. I love movie musicals. When I was a teenager, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was my favorite. (In fact, I still kind of like it!) On one trip to visit New York City, I was determined to own the album. (This was before VCRs, let alone CDs and DVDs. Well, let's just say I'm old!) We went into every record store we passed until I.Finally.Found.It!
3. I'm thinking this movie led me to like Here Come the Brides a lot! Of course, Bobby Sherman and David Soul may have had something to do with that too! The series was recently released on DVD. I bought it!
4. Despite the fact that I love the Mountains in the Fall, I almost always vacation at the beach.
5. Mom and I had our house built in 2001. We had a porch put on the front because mom knew I always wanted a Front Porch on my home. However, we can barely use it because it is in Direct.Sunlight. most of the day and it is too hot to sit out there most of the time.
6. I was hired by my current employer despite being overqualified. (Thank you, Phyllis!) I had been looking for full time employment for almost six months. I was either over-qualified (too much school), under-qualified (no full time experience), or both, for every job I applied. Phyllis thought I would be bored (she was right) because I was over-qualified, but hired me anyway. I was looking to get some full time experience - work a year or two - and then move on. Twenty-five years later, I'm still there. Well, at the same agency, but a much different job! I can retire in 2014 and I will.
7. I don't usually ask people to participate in Memes (or chain mail, or e-mail forwards or whatever) and I won't here either. But feel free to consider yourself taged if you want to post 7 random things about yourself on your blog. Let me know if you do!