Tuesday, April 04, 2006

New York, New York, a helluva town.


The Bronx is up, but the Battery's down.
The people ride in a hole in the groun'.
New York, New York, it's a helluva town!




You know, I always thought the lyrics were New York, New York, a wonderful town! :) Shows you what I know. But it is indeed a helluva wonderful town!

My sister and I visited with her friend at a lovely little French café for a delicious omelette brunch. After brunch, we walked a bit and I just felt compelled to take this shot of the Empire State Building. We were at 21st and 6th Avenue and I could see it rising above the buildings against a cloudy sky.

It has been a long time since I played tourist in the city! :)




I'm sure you've heard of "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn".

Well, check out these Trees Growing on Trump Tower!

The sun was at a better angle a few hours earlier, but I forgot my camera the first time my sister and I headed for a stroll on Fifth Avenue. But I came back to capture these intriguing trees growing on the Tower at 56th St. and Fifth Avenue.




As we continued to stroll downtown, I snapped a few views of St. Patrick's Cathedral. It is a beautiful structure and my pictures do not begin to do it justice... but I wanted to share my favorite one with you.

I can't wait to visit again. We walked a lot. We talked a lot. We laughed a lot. We got along well. We have decided to do this again! Sis's friend, Lee Roy Rogers, has an up and coming career on the stage and will continue to give us good excuses to visit the Big Apple! We plan to take advantage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - I haven't been to New York in 10 years. I forgot how much there is to see!

Sounds like you had a blast...thanks for dropping by and thanks for the advice! I'm calling my insurance company right now! :)