Saturday, April 29, 2006

AAAAACHOO!

Well, I have again been less than diligent in posting my adventures. But, really, who wants to hear about my annual Spring allergy attack that left me wheezing, sneezing, coughing, shivering, and (much to the delight of my children) voiceless for several days?

The voice is slowly recovering. The wheezing is minimizing. The sneezing is close to gone. The shivering left on day five (and really only happened at night - and now has returned!! Will it never end?). I feared a sinus infection, but it didn't materialize ~~ so far! The coughing still happens at odd times, though mostly at night so as to continually deprive me of a good night's sleep!

All of this played havoc with my ability to concentrate and reading in the evening was close to impossible. So, I have no crafts projects to report on. None finished nor newly begun. I still have many, many, many (did I mention, MANY?) WIPs to get through finish and donate, give away, or display, as appropriate.

In an attempt to believe I really was better (and because a voice is rarely needed while waiting to lose enjoying the game), Mom and I attended a "Stuffed Basket Bingo" at our local firehouse. I was an also-ran - as always - but came SOOOOOOO close to winning the Longaberger Cookie Jar (pictured at the lower left of the page). I rarely (if ever) get even eight numbers close in a cover all (24 numbers + free space for the non-bingo players out there!) Today I needed just one - the lowly N35 - to walk out with the prize. Alas, it was not to be! Three other someone's got their desired number (O63) and had a 'ball off' (highest Bingo ball pulled from the 75 in the bucket wins!) - with one lucky lady walking out with the prize.

Alas, it was not to be in any of the 23 games, or the door prizes, or the raffles.

We sat. We dabbed. We ate. We lost! We donated to the cause.

Mom is anticipating the next event in the Basket Bingo Relay (five were advertised on our table today!). She figures she can only afford one per month. She doesn't like to go alone. I really don't like Bingo, but I love my Mom, so off I go in the pursuit of the illusive stuffed basket dream! We will be at Calvert Senior Center on Saturday, May 20th, as we try again to bring home the prize!!!!

edited on Sunday - just because I couldn't stand the mistakes - though I'm sure I did not catch them all!

No comments: