Starting weight: 249
May 18, 2013: 244
Week 3 weight gain: 1 lbs
Total loss to date: 5 lbs
This was a not so good week. A lot of activity, exhaustion and stress meant poor choices in food and beverages - too much caffeine free diet coke, too little water; too many pre-made meals, too few healthy homemade meals. Bad for my eating plan. Bad for my budget.
This was the week to start walking and I did not.
Time to reboot the goals and restart the plan.
I'm not sure how to stem the tiredness. Sleep is elusive and early to bed is an impossibility. Activity this week will be mostly deep cleaning the house. I am hoping a thoroughly cleaned home will help reduce my stress level and increase my motivation.
There will be a bit more stress this week. Mom will undergo surgery early in the week to repair the gaping wound caused by the Moh's surgery. We spent most of the day Friday at the dermatologist's office having basal cell carcinoma removed from her face. The doctor thought the cancer was a small spot. It turned out to be more widespread than anticipated. The first eraser tip-sized hole turned into a quarter sized hole. Friday was a very bad day! I will know later today when surgery is scheduled. I think that will be a crockpot day! The wound has been bleeding quite a bit. This weekend will be spent making sure Mom keeps the bandage on, especially since she doesn't remember what happened, why it's there, even what it is sometimes.
I really need to pre-plan, pre-make and execute the menu for healthy eating with more consistency this week to counter-act the stress that is sure to come.
- Pre-Assemble daily juice. Baggies with all the ingredients in one spot will help get the juicing done with minimal prep each day.
- Clean, peel, cut and bag the daily ingredients two days at a time
- Set up the juicer before bed
- Get up and JUICE!
- Plan the weekly menu with most ingredients on hand by mid-day Sunday. Prep as much as possible to make dinner easy to prepare when I walk in the door after work. This will go a long way toward preventing the "I'm too tired. Let's hit the drive through" phenomenon that took over this past week.
- Inventory Pantry/Fridge/freezer
- Create the menu
- Make a shopping list of missing ingredients
- Shop for the missing ingredients
- Prep two or more days at a time
- Institute the Post-It board to plan the deep clean. Post the board somewhere that others might see and step up to help out. If they don't, at least that will keep me on track to get it all done by the end of the week.
- Pick a spot for the post-it disply
- Divide the display room-by-room
- Write each task on its own post-it
- pick a post-it and DO IT!