Saturday, May 11, 2013

Weekly Report: May 11, 2013

Weigh-In:

Starting weight:  249
May 11, 2013:  243

Week 2 weight loss:  3 lbs
Total to date:  6 lbs


Plan Results:

Food:  Green Juicing 5 of 7 days.  Ate well for the week.  Working on prepping the night before for work lunches and morning juices.  I enjoyed the big salads I brought on two days - need to mix up the proteins.  Last week it was Tuna.  Need to prepare some chicken and eggs this weekend so I have alternatives to tuna, as that will get old really fast!

Exercise:  Not much by way of exercise this week, other than the normal up and down the stairs multiple times a day and night to tend to Mom.  This week I'm preparing the pool to be opened on Friday - so there will be plenty of exercise time.  Not sure the walking regimen will start.  If it does, it will be limited because I really need better shoes.  My current athletic type shoes rub due to bunions and cause painful calluses near on my feet.    Not an excuse - I just know that if it hurts my feet, I won't do it.

Goals progress: 



  • I prepare a green juice 5 out of 7 mornings this week!  Goal achieved.
  • This is my weekly post.  Goal achieved. 
  • Created my own recipe for fresh mushrooms to add to my spaghetti.  I'm putting this in the new recipe category!  Goal achieved.
  • I am removing the goal of new vegetable/spice each week.   I'll add this in as Farmer's Market season heats up in Calvert County.
  • For Diet Coke v. water/vitamin water, I'm about half and half, which I declare a win!
As summer arrives, more fresh foods will be available bringing better eating.  The pool will be open, which will give me options on the exercise portion of my plan.

Summer goals - get into the pool 4 times a week; go to Farmer's market for fresh produce at least every other Friday

Now to continue the journey and go make my green juice for today!

Slow and steady wins the race. I am determined to keep this going this time. 

No comments: