I've jumped on the Virtual Vacation bandwagon. I may not get much of any kind of vacation this year, except to the same places I've been with friends and family... so Virtual Vacation it is!
Here's my questionnaire:
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? This is difficult – there are a few I’d like to visit… I’d love to see Hawaii and Texas, but not during the hottest time of the year. I’d love to see New England showing off the Fall colors – so Maine or New Hampshire would be neat in the Fall. I’ve never been to the Pacific Northwest and would love to see Washington or Oregon and drop in on some friends that live out that way.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I’d love to revisit Ireland… but since I have already been to Ireland, I’d have to pick Australia. I’ve read about it. My neighbors rave about their trip and I’d like to check it out!
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Up to PA and/or NY – many, many times. Down to GA, NC and/or FL, frequently in the last few years, but a few times before that too.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Truly exotic? Probably not, but Vegas has pockets of exotic as does Florida.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? Ireland – I was 16 and my grandmother booked my sister and me on a bus tour. It was great fun. Started in Shannon, traveled down the West Coast and then up to Dublin. It was a fabulous trip!
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. I live outside Washington DC., am close to Annapolis and in driving distance to Virginia. I have taken many family members and friends on local tours. It’s great to play tourist when you know where you are going! :)
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? Museums - for history more than art. Beachcomber or casual mountain hiker – I enjoy Ocean City, MD as much as I like Harper’s Ferry, WV! Amusement parks would be my last choice… and more for the shows and the spectacle than the rides.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I’m still experimenting, but the Debbie Bliss cashmerino line has been my favorite so far!
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Novelty yarns, except when used as an accent or for chemo caps by request, don’t really thrill me.
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Hats and small socks/booties are my staple knitting. Baby blankets and lapghans are my staple crocheting. But I like to try new and different things. A sweater and a Shawl are on my list to knit next. Steel hook crocheting with size 10 or more thread is on my “I don’t really want to try this again” list.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? Too many things? :) smaller, portable projects and more than one!
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? Scrapbooking, yarn dyeing, counted cross stitch (though my eyes don’t like that much anymore), cooking – though knitting and crocheting are all I’ve done lately.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) No, I don’t think so.
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? I like all colors… though I am attracted to hues of red/burgundy/rose and blues of a hearty nature, not pastels. Least favorite for me to use for myself would have to be baby blues and pinks and wild neon colors.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Savory generally beats sweet and salty beats chocolate every time.
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? Not really