Sunday, December 31, 2006

Twelve Days of Christmas...

It's a good thing that Christmas doesn't really end until January 6th, because I'm still finishing Christmas Presents! I finished putting the handle on a Booga Bag. I finished tying off one fleece, no-sew pillow. I finished tying off one fleece no-sew throw. Hat and scarf were completed several days ago. I have two more pillows to finish. Since I can't mail them until Wednesday and I get an extra day off, I decided I'd finish them tomorrow, take pictures on Tuesday and get them packaged to mail on Wednesday. Perhaps the recipients will receive them by the 6th and I'll still, technically, have delivered all the Christmas presents during Christmas!

I plan to do better next year. I think I got way too enthusiastic about making things to give away and didn't factor in sleeping during my sessions on planning how much I could get done by when! I also didn't factor in the cliché - 'life is what happens when you are making plans.'

A few events and happenings belonging to other people made my life a little less my own this past year. 2007 is starting out in a similar fashion. But, since I'm almost a year into the knitting scene and I am getting re-involved other crafty things I stopped doing, I can start planning next year's give-aways early enough to have some grab-and-go activity bags ready to just grab-and-go when I get the inevitable phone calls and then sit throught the interminable wait times for results that never seem satisfactory. A little vague I know, but the story is really not mine to tell on a public blog. I am merely a supporting player who hopes to retire by the Summer, God willing.

Pictures when the weather is nicer. Goals for 2007 another day. For now, I'll go back to lemon and honey to soothe the sore throat that keeps trying to bloom and maybe get some rest before Mom and I go to the neighbor's house to usher in 2007.

Happy New Year!
May 2007 be all you want it to be!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! I hope you have a great year in 2007.

KnitterBunny said...

Happy New Year!