Sunday, May 02, 2010

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

Mom was doing much better, so I took myself to the Festival today.  Goal:  Funnel Cake!

Scored the Funnel Cake and this lovely skein of Tess Designer Yarns Super Sock & Baby yarn. I took the picture at two angles to show off all the colors.


There are three babies being born in my extended family.  One lucky baby will get a gift made from this fabulous yarn.

I traveled the Festival with Alex and Beth from The Yarn Garden.  Alex owns The Yarn Garden and she placed an order for the yarn I'd like for a sweater I loved at Autumn House Farm.  The yarn is called Blarney Stone and the pattern is Julie.  Neither the yarn nor the pattern seem to be available on the website, but we just fell in love with it.  Locals should look for both at The Yarn Garden in the near(ish) future!  :)

While I only bought one skein of yarn, I have an order for a sweater's worth with my local yarn shop!

After mowing the yard yesterday and walking around the Festival today - I'm tired and a little sun-kissed... It was a great weekend!

2 comments:

A Crafty Lawyer said...

Glad to see you made it to the Festival.

Kathleen C. said...

Wasn't it fun this weekend! Hot as the dickens, but I always have a good time.
Your yarn is gorgeous! But if that's all you bought you were much better behaved than me!!!