Saturday, September 15, 2007

Some real, live knitting!


Warmest Mittens, the start
Originally uploaded by radarkaty.

I began this mitten last night. What you see is beginning of a pair of Warmest Mittens using Patons Classic Wool Merino in Burgundy and Wisdom Yarn Fair Isle (100% Wool) in a variegated, complementary colorway; US 3 (for the cuff) and US 4 (for the rest) DPNs; and handmade (by someone else) stitch markers. Pattern indicates, by using this yarn and these needles, I will end up with a woman's medium. Only time will tell if I get that size! :)

I've also worked a bit on my Irish Hiking Scarf and am nearing the halfway mark. It would be really cool to finish that this week. Since the MS3 thing won't be done by Sept 22. Perhaps I can finish the scarf and present it to my Aunt for her birthday instead of Christmas. Then, if it gets cold in NY before December 25th, she'll have a warm scarf top wear!

1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

I really love your scarf! The color the cables all of it!