Monday, July 31, 2006

Hot, hot, hot...



The WeatherBug(c) indicates that it is hot and it is gonna get hotter... I have NEVER seen a cactus in the forecast, ever! Daily thunderstorms? For sure. But hot with no hope for rain? Never. Our best chance for rain is Friday - and it is only a 30% chance. I think it'll dry up before it ever hits the ground.

So, unlike the 116 degree dry heat of the actual desert - we'll have 98 degree temperatures with a heat index of 116 - which means muggy, humid, yucky, unhealty, horrible air. I have a feeling I'll have sticker shock with my next electric bill.

The high predicted for today is 92 degrees. It is already 93 degrees at 11:30 AM - not even the 'hottest' part of the day. So, it can only get worse.

The boys were in the pool most of the day yesterday - the water temp was 90 degrees!!!!!!!! ACK!

This kind of weather is sluggish. It is too hot to do anything but sit and wilt. I have knitted a bit, in the comfort of my air conditioned home. Today, I am working from home (hence the easy Blog Break!), but I'll have to venture out the rest of the week and I am NOT looking forward to it.

If you see a puddle of humanity on the sidewalk near one of the L'Enfant Plaze metro stops, that'll be me, having melted while waiting for the bus!

No comments: