I am praying for a happy, healthy, prosperous new year for everyone I know and love - especially my family and friends.
May 2013 be the year
- for dreams fulfilled and goals achieved;
- for dreaming new dreams and planning new goals;
- for keeping in touch;
- for living each day to the fullest and seizing opportunities;
- for opening our eyes and hearts to new experiences;
- for charity;
- for love;
- for happiness
I make no resolutions. All my I resolves tend to dissolve in a day or two. However, I do have plans - long range plans. Each plan starts with one small step and continues with more small steps, until the plan is fulfilled. I have decided, regardless of how small the step, as long as I move forward, and forgive myself for moving backward, I will make progress and my goal will be reached.
Long Range Plans:
- Debt Freedom (except the house) -- goal date: Summer 2014.
- Hefty savings -- goal date: December 2014, my planned retirement date after 32+ years of federal service.
- Weight loss -- Goal date: Summer 2014
- Less Cluttered home -- goal date: December 2013
I have started on one and four. I will continue stepping toward those goals and incorporate number 3 beginning on January 5th. The second goal cannot begin until the first is achieved, but I will keep my eye on that prize!
I have heard that a goal is not a goal until it is written down. A goal cannot be achieved without a plan - a written plan. A plan cannot be implemented without written steps. And so I continue....
Debt Freedom: I have a budget in place (written step); I have a debt reduction list with payment amounts and schedules (written steps); I am working on trimming the budget to free up more cash to add to the debt reduction step.
Less Clutter: seven large bags have been taken to the dump in the last three weeks. Two more are ready to go. I am starting upstairs and working my way down. Right corner of the bedroom is half done. I will complete that and move to the left corner. I have a book with a list of each room in the house and what needs to be done - my written plan with steps included.
Weight Loss: I am planning menus this week to begin on Saturday (written plan with daily steps). I will work through the stores on hand this week, eating as well as I can with what I have, and begin with the new menus on Saturday, January 5th. The first two small steps begin tomorrow.
- I will begin juicing for a minimum of five days per week with the aim at daily juicing.
- Reduce soda intake and replace with water.
There will be challenges to my plans. Emergencies will occur. Setbacks are inevitable. I will pray for the strength, guidance and good fortune to weather the emergencies without getting off track.