Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday: Synopsis of a Week

With the best of intentions I refreshed and re-started the blog here.  Then... things went you know where in a special basket around my world.  Not as bad as it could be - but definitely wearing away at my creative and desire to update my adventures.  I'm not going to apologize.  I'll just say, I'll be here when I'm here!

I offer you a synopsis of my previous week to 12 days:

Now that you're all caught up.  What?  Oh, you want some explanations.

Mom has been having in-home physical therapy to help her regain some stamina and energy and such.  The visiting nurses discovered a pressure sore.  I've been learning to care for that and taking Mom to appointments for others to keep an eye out.  In the nursing arena, I've also learned how to give B12 shots.

When I was a young girl, first or second grade, I wanted to be a nurse.  I outgrew that desire after many visits to hospitals, doctors, etc.  Now, I'm a nurse - sort of!

I started coughing with a painful face and such a little over a week ago.  Last Sunday, the voice had hit the Bass level and I turned into Mr. C ~~ and not the dad from Happy Days!  My seasonal allergies often have me singing Bass and I'm generally mistaken for a man on the phone.  Turns out this was not just (or, possibly, even) seasonal allergies, but bronchitis and sinusitis.  On top of that, I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure.  So, I've been taking new meds and getting used to this new regime for the past week.

My face feels a bet better.  I'm still coughing and don't think the bronchi are completely clear.  We will see what progress on Wednesday morning when I go in for blood work and an ekg.  Time to take care of me - according to me and my new doctor!

Since I was feeling poorly and taking care of me and Mom, I didn't drain the pool cover immediately after the last two rain storms.  Nobody was home to use the pool anyway.

I decided on Thursday that I needed to clear the water off the cover.  I placed the pump on the cover and let it go for a couple of hours.  I went out to adjust the pump's location and discovered hundreds and hundreds, nay, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of tadpoles on my pool cover!!  Every rivulet of water not yet drained had this and many more tadpoles of various sizes swimming round and round.

I did not exaggerate on the thousands... my pool cover is 20'x40'... this little 6"x10" section has >25 tadpoles of various sizes.

After a major freak out - posting the picture and a little video on Facebook and Ravelry... I got my leaf basket/scoop net and scooped leaves and tadpoles and other stuff off the cover and into the brush behind the pool.  Today - we are tadpole free.   

Jungle taming came by hiring someone to tame the yard, the garden and the gutters.  Peaceful, beautiful yard today.  And I am grinning...

and still coughing....

and still knitting....

and still reading....

and still playing on the computer.

No comments: